Marriage Enrichment Retreat
2024 Marriage Retreat from the Allender Center
May 3 – 5, 2024 at
Cedarbrook Lodge in Seattle, Washington
Dan & Becky Allender + Steve & Lisa Call
Do you desire something more for your marriage?
Marriage is one of life’s most rewarding experiences – and one of its most challenging. It can be a taste of heaven and hell. Marriage is a context where the best of our hearts and the darkest will be revealed.
Our hearts were made for delight and honor. But if we are not committed to becoming individually and corporately who we are meant to be, it will be a long and dreary journey.
The Marriage Retreat from The Allender Center is more than a breathtaking vacation getaway to escape the realities of your day-to-day lives. This weekend is an invitation to step into an intentional space where you will deepen your connection to one another.
You and your spouse will have the opportunity to share your stories with one another in new ways, listen with a fresh perspective, and return home with tools that will help you engage with one another with more honor and delight.
Through skillful teaching and guided activities led by Dr. Dan Allender, Becky Allender, Dr. Steve Call and Lisa Call, you and your spouse will focus on your own relationship in an interactive experience centered on each other (no small groups here). This retreat is intentionally small, limited to 25 couples, and conveniently located in the beautiful city of Seattle, Washington at Cedarbrook Lodge.
At the retreat, you will:
- Discover Strategies to navigate the stormy seas of stalemates, anger, hurt, and disappointment.
- Reignite the Joy of playing together, infusing your relationship with more delight.
- Engage in Healing Conversations to identify and mend past heartaches, trauma, or family dynamics that may affect your connection.
- Hear Candid and Vulnerable Stories from the Allenders and Calls, who share their own relatable journeys.
- Receive Practical Tools and Guidance to enhance understanding and mutual respect.
We believe a strong and growing marriage is the greatest gift you can give – not only to one another, but to your family, your church, and your community.
Who is this retreat for?
This retreat is designed for married couples who are seeking time together to intentionally connect and deepen their relationship.
Whether you are in a season of stability or seeking growth and repair in particular areas, this retreat will foster a greater understanding of each other and how to support flourishing as a couple.
This retreat is not appropriate if you are currently facing domestic violence, addiction, or other serious relational issues.
“Marriage requires a radical commitment to love our spouses as they are, while longing for them to be what they are not yet. Every marriage moves either toward enhancing one another’s glory or toward degrading each other.”- Dan Allender
What is the cost?
The Allender Center Marriage Retreat is $4450 per couple with a $500 deposit due to reserve your spot.
Need-based scholarships are also available upon request. Submit your scholarship request here before registering.
What is included?
- Participation in all teaching and activities for the retreat beginning at 7:00 PM on Friday, May 3, and ending at noon on Sunday, May 5
- A relaxing two-night stay in a Deluxe room at the beautiful Cedarbrook Lodge in Seattle WA
- Delicious, catered meals are served for breakfast and lunch, with an assortment of beverages and grab-and-go snacks provided throughout the weekend
- Access to The Spa at Cedarbrook Lodge and other hotel-offered activities, available to schedule a couples massage or one of their revitalizing spa treatments*
- Materials to help you bring the experience home with you
*Spa treatments must be booked separately and are not included in the Marriage Retreat fee. Please arrange spa appointments outside the hours of our scheduled retreat programming. Ideal timing would be Friday afternoon or Sunday afternoon, so consider flight arrival and departure time to take advantage of this delightful extra perk! Appointments are subject to availability, and we recommend scheduling at your earliest convenience.
Travel & Lodging
Participants are responsible for their own travel to and from the Marriage Retreat. Your lodging, and Saturday/Sunday breakfast and lunch are included in the retreat fees. Upon registration your room will automatically be reserved for Friday and Saturday night of the retreat weekend. Check-in is available at 5:00 pm on Friday, and check out time is 11:00 am on Sunday. If you wish to extend your stay to include additional nights to enjoy more relaxation, sightseeing, or adventure in Seattle, please contact Cedarbrook Lodge directly at 206-901-9268.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
Fees must be paid in advance of the retreat start date in order to participate.
If you choose to cancel your registration, please notify us in writing by sending an email to email@example.com. Your $500 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferrable. The remaining retreat fee may be refundable, following this schedule:
- More than 60 days in advance of the retreat start date: 100% refund of program fees
- 45-60 days in advance of the retreat start date: 50%refund
- Less than 45 days in advance of the retreat start date: non-refundable
In the instance of a cancellation, if we are able to fill your seat, we will refund you any retreat fees paid less the deposit.
This Marriage Retreat retreat is psycho-educational and not therapy. It provides an opportunity to engage in restorative work together as a couple, but is not intended to act as a substitute for consistent therapeutic engagement and support.
Need-based scholarships are available upon request. Submit your scholarship request here before registering.