The Allender Center is committed to bringing healing and restoration to a hurting world. We consider it a privilege to invite exceptional leaders and counselors to join our team in this sacred work.
2016-17 Fellowship Team
The Fellowship Team is comprised of professionals who have extensive experience utilizing The Allender Theory. These women and men are contracted on an annual basis to act as lead facilitators for small groups at our Training Certificate and Story Workshop offerings. A member of the Fellowship Team is paid a stipend for their work at each training or workshop.
- All applicants must be graduates of The Seattle School or have completed The Allender Center’s Externship Program.
- Past participation as a facilitator for events with The Allender Center or its legacy equivalents is preferred
- Licensed Mental Health Therapist or an experienced pastoral counselor/spiritual director is preferred
- Practice an active belief in God and espouse a commitment to spiritual growth and formation.
- Facilitate small groups at our Training Certificate and other workshops as assigned. Minimum time commitment requirements for the 2016-17 year includes the following dates:
- August 18-21, 2016 (Seattle; The Story Workshop)
- September 21-25, 2016 (Seattle; Training Certificate)
- November 16-20, 2016 (Seattle; Training Certificate)
- January 25-29, 2017 (Seattle; Training Certificate)
- March 22-26, 2017 (Seattle; Training Certificate)
- Training/mentoring sessions and team meetings will be scheduled periodically over course of Fellowship year
Eligibility & Dual Relationships
You will be ineligible for the Fellowship program if you, a spouse/partner, or a child/dependent are in a current client/therapist relationship or have terminated less than 2 years prior to admittance to the program with a current Allender Center Teaching Staff or Fellow. The reason for this policy is because you will be in meetings, trainings, and other leadership roles alongside these Teaching Staff and Fellows. The leadership team is subject to change annually; updated information on leadership team members for your intended program year will be made available during the application process in order to discern specific eligibility.
To apply, submit the following to Laura Wade Shirley (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 3:
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter detailing what’s drawing you to join the Fellowship Team and your understanding of the Allender Theory as it pertains to the group experience
- (2) Professional References (Name, Title/Role, Organization, Phone, Email)
Interviews will be held in June. The interview process will include a group interview during which you will read a story from your life to have it engaged by others, and then also act as a leader and engage as another person shares their story. You will also read a written narrative and engage what you see in the person’s story and the themes that emerge.