The Allender Center Fellowship Cohort is comprised of professionals who have extensive experience utilizing The Allender Theory. These women and men are contracted on an annual basis to act as lead facilitators for small groups at our Certificate in Narrative Focused Trauma Care Level I and Story Workshop offerings. A member of the Fellowship Cohort is paid a stipend for their work at each event, with extensive training and supervision.
Fellowship Cohort Qualifications
- All applicants must be graduates of The Seattle School or have completed The Allender Center’s Externship Training Program.
- Past participation as a facilitator for events with The Allender Center or its legacy equivalents is preferred
- Licensed Mental Health Therapist or an experienced pastoral counselor/spiritual director is preferred
- Practice an active belief in God and espouse a commitment to spiritual growth and formation.
Fellowship Cohort Commitment
- Facilitate small groups at our Certificate in Narrative Focused Trauma Care Level I and other workshops as assigned. Minimum time commitment requirements for the 2020-21 year includes the following dates:
- The Story Workshop – (August 20-22, 2020)
- Certificate in Narrative Focused Trauma Care Level I
- Session One (September 24-27, 2020)
- Session Two (November 12-15, 2020)
- Session Three (January 21-24, 2021)
- Session Four (March 18-21, 2021)
- Supervision sessions will be scheduled periodically over course of Fellowship year
Eligibility & Dual Relationships
You will be ineligible for the Fellowship program if you, a spouse/partner, or a child/dependent are in a current client/therapist relationship or have terminated less than 2 years prior to admittance to the program with a current Allender Center Teaching Staff or Fellow. The reason for this policy is because you will be in meetings, trainings, and other leadership roles alongside these Teaching Staff and Fellows. The leadership team is subject to change annually; updated information on leadership team members for your intended program year will be made available during the application process in order to discern specific eligibility.
Fellowship Cohort Application Process
Applications for the 2020-21 Fellowship Cohort are due July 1, 2020.
To apply, submit the following to Jen Oyama Murphy (email@example.com) by July 1:
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter detailing what’s drawing you to join the Fellowship Cohort and your understanding of the Allender Theory as it pertains to the group experience
- (2) Professional References (Name, Title/Role, Organization, Phone, Email)
- Story Engagement: As a part of the application process, you will read a narrative and engage in writing what you see in the person’s story and the themes that emerge. For access to the story and the engagement guidelines, please email Jen Oyama Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org). Keep in mind you will want to reach out prior to the July 1st deadline.
Interviews will be held on an invite-only basis in July. The interview process will include an individual Zoom interview during which you will discuss the written story engagement you have submitted as well as engage questions with the interview team. Final notification regarding acceptance into the Fellowship program will be given no later than July 24th.