The Allender Center Fellowship Cohort is comprised of professionals who have extensive experience utilizing The Allender Theory. These women and men are contracted on an annual basis to act as lead facilitators for small groups at our Certificate in Narrative Focused Trauma Care Level I and Story Workshop offerings. A member of the Fellowship Cohort is paid a stipend for their work at each event, with extensive training and supervision.
Fellowship Cohort Qualifications
- All applicants must be graduates of The Seattle School or have completed The Allender Center’s Externship Training Program.
- Past participation as a facilitator for events with The Allender Center or its legacy equivalents is preferred.
- Licensed Mental Health Therapist or an experienced pastoral counselor/spiritual director is preferred.
- Practice an active belief in God and espouse a commitment to spiritual growth and formation.
Fellowship Cohort Commitment
Facilitate small groups at our Certificate in Narrative Focused Trauma Care Level I and other workshops as assigned. Minimum time commitment requirements for the 2021-22 year includes the following dates:
- The Story Workshop – (October 14-17, 2021)
- Certificate in Narrative Focused Trauma Care Level
- Session One (September 23-26, 2021)
- Session Two (November 11-14, 2021)
- Session Three (January 27-30, 2022
- Session Four (March 17-20, 2022)
Supervision sessions will be scheduled periodically over course of the Fellowship year
Eligibility & Dual Relationships
You will be ineligible for the Fellowship program if you, a spouse/partner, or a child/dependent are in a current client/therapist relationship or have terminated less than 2 years prior to admittance to the program with a current Allender Center Teaching Staff or Fellow. The reason for this policy is because you will be in meetings, trainings, and other leadership roles alongside these Teaching Staff and Fellows. The leadership team is subject to change annually; updated information on leadership team members for your intended program year will be made available during the application process in order to discern specific eligibility.
Fellowship Cohort Application Process
Applications for the 2021-22 Fellowship Cohort are due June 7, 2021.
To apply, first submit an application.
Second, complete and submit the following application materials to Alicia Shafer, Program Manager, by June 7:
- Resume or CV
- Written Story Engagement: As a part of the application process, you will read a narrative and engage in writing what you see in the person’s story and the themes that emerge. When we receive your application, we’ll follow up with more insight on this part of the application process.
And finally, complete an interview with Sam Lee & Rachael Clinton Chen. Interviews will be held on June 17-18 and once we’ve received your application, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to sign up for an interview spot. This is an individual Zoom interview during which we’ll discuss the written story engagement you have submitted as well as engage in some discerning questions.
Final notification regarding acceptance into the Fellowship program will be given no later than June 28th.