The Allender Center Fellowship Team is comprised of professionals who have extensive experience utilizing The Allender Theory. These women and men are contracted on an annual basis to act as lead facilitators for small groups at our Training Certificate and Story Workshop offerings. A member of the Fellowship team is paid a stipend for their work at each event, with extensive training and supervision.
Fellowship Team Qualifications
- All applicants must be graduates of The Seattle School or have completed The Allender Center’s Externship Training Program.
- Past participation as a facilitator for events with The Allender Center or its legacy equivalents is preferred
- Licensed Mental Health Therapist or an experienced pastoral counselor/spiritual director is preferred
- Practice an active belief in God and espouse a commitment to spiritual growth and formation.
Fellowship Team Commitment
- Facilitate small groups at our Training Certificate and other workshops as assigned. Minimum time commitment requirements for the 2019-20 year includes the following dates:
- The Story Workshop – Seattle, WA (August 15-18, 2019)
- Training Certificate Level I – Seattle, WA
- Session One (September 26-29, 2019)
- Session Two (November 14-17, 2019)
- Session Three (January 23-26, 2020)
- Session Four (March 19-22, 2020)
- Supervision sessions will be scheduled periodically over course of Fellowship year
Eligibility & Dual Relationships
You will be ineligible for the Fellowship program if you, a spouse/partner, or a child/dependent are in a current client/therapist relationship or have terminated less than 2 years prior to admittance to the program with a current Allender Center Teaching Staff or Fellow. The reason for this policy is because you will be in meetings, trainings, and other leadership roles alongside these Teaching Staff and Fellows. The leadership team is subject to change annually; updated information on leadership team members for your intended program year will be made available during the application process in order to discern specific eligibility.
Fellowship Team Application Process
Applications for the 2019-20 Fellowship Team are due June 19, 2019.
To apply, submit the following to Rachael Clinton (email@example.com) by June 19:
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter detailing what’s drawing you to join the Fellowship Team and your understanding of the Allender Theory as it pertains to the group experience
- (2) Professional References (Name, Title/Role, Organization, Phone, Email)
- Story Engagement: As a part of the application process, you will read a narrative and engage in writing what you see in the person’s story and the themes that emerge. For access to the story and the engagement guidelines, please email Rachael Clinton (firstname.lastname@example.org). Keep in mind you will want to reach out prior to the June 19th deadline.
Interviews will be held on an invite only basis at the end of June and early July. The interview process will include an individual interview during which you will discuss the written story engagement you have submitted.